Consilior Ltd (hereinafter: the company) provides this client information document to inform you about the collection and processing of your personal data in relation to your asset management / investment advisory mandate.
Identity and contact details of the Data Controller:
St. Alban-Vorstadt 24
+41 61 201 11 80
This document is aligned with the EU General Data Protection Regulation («GDPR»), the Swiss Data Protection Act («DPA») and aims to fulfill the company’s information duties. However, the application of these laws depends on each individual case.
A. Collection and Processing of Personal Data
Personal data includes any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. As part of its mandate, the company collects several types of your personal data.
These include in particular:
- Personal detail (e.g. name, address, date of birth, civil status)
- KYC information (e.g. source of wealth / funds, profession, transaction details)
- Bank account information (e.g. IBAN)
- Investment profile
This also includes all other information that you provide to us or is inevitably collected while providing the agreed-upon service.
Insofar as it is permitted to us, we may also receive your personal data from affiliated companies, authorities or other third parties (such as e.g. internet, custodian banks). Apart from data you provided to us directly, the categories of data we receive about you from third parties include, but are not limited to, information from public registers, data received in connection with administrative or court proceedings, information about you in correspondence and discussions with third parties, information about you given to us by individuals associated with you (family, consultants, legal representatives, etc.) in order to conclude or process contracts with you or with your involvement (e.g. powers of attorney), information related to legal requirements such as anti-money laundering regulations, information about you found in the media or internet (insofar as indicated in the specific case).
In principle, we retain this data for a period of 10 years after the purpose of processing has been fulfilled. This period may be extended if it is necessary for evidentiary purposes or to comply with legal or contractual requirements.
B. Purpose of Data Processing and Legal Bases
The company primarily uses collected data in order to perform the agreed-upon services vis-a-vis our as well as in order to comply with domestic and foreign legal obligations.
In addition, in line with the applicable law and where appropriate, we may process personal data for the following purposes, which are in our (or, as the case may be, any third parties) legitimate interest, such as:
- Providing and developing our products, services and websites, apps and other platforms, on which we are active.
- Advertisement and marketing (including organizing events), provided that you have not objected to the use of your data for this purpose (if you are part of our client base and you receive advertisement, you may object at any time and we will place you on a blacklist against further advertising mailings).
- Asserting legal claims and defense in legal disputes and official proceedings.
- Prevention and investigation of criminal offences and other misconduct.
- Ensuring the operation of our IT systems, websites, apps, and other devices.
- Audit requirements